Overview of School Nutrition Programs Data
Self-serve School Nutrition Data!
The Texas Department of Agriculture (TDA) has made Food and Nutrition data publicly available through the Texas Open Data Portal.
School nutrition data is provided at the school/site level and is available by program year.
School nutrition programs include:
- National School Lunch Program (NSLP)
- School Breakfast Program (SBP)
- Special Milk Programs (SMP)
- Fresh Fruit and Vegetable Program (FFVP)
Lean more at SquareMeals.org
NEW FIELDS HAVE BEEN ADDED!
Beginning summer 2019, new data fields indicating sponsor and site active status, termination status, and terminated as-of date have been added to 2018-2019 Contacts datasets.
Older datasets will not be updated.
All datasets contain program participant data at the school/site level for the following data:
- District (Contracting Entity/CE) name, TDA ID, ESC region, TDA region, Texas county, and County District Code
- School/site name, TDA ID, Texas county
- Type of agency
- Educational Institution, For Profit Organization, Government Agency, Indian Tribe, Military Installation, Private Non-Profit Organization, or Other
- Type of organization
- Charter, Private, Public, or Residential Child Care Institution (RCCI)
In addition, Contact and Program Participation datasets, Meal Reimbursement/Claims datasets, and FSMC datasets contain more detailed information on TDA's school nutrition program participants.
Scroll down for a list of TDA Food and Nutrition data fields available in each TDA dataset for School Nutrition Programs published on the Texas Open Data Portal.
Mousing over the data field names will open a pop-up data description for that data field. New fields added in summer 2019 are indicated by orange font.
A printable version of the TDA Food and Nutrition datasets and data fields available on the Texas Open Data Portal can be downloaded as a PDF here.
Contacts and Program Participation
Claims for Meal Reimbursement
Food Service Management Companies
Sponsor contact and food service management contract information for active SNP program year
Access the SNP FSMC dataset by clicking on the link below
*Active program year (PY) is currently 2019-2020.