Overview of Child and Adult Care Food Program (CACFP) Data
Self-serve Child and Adult Care Food Program (CACFP) Data!
The Texas Department of Agriculture (TDA) has made Food and Nutrition data publicly available through the Texas Open Data Portal.
CACFP data is provided at the site level and is available by program year.
Child and Adult Care Food Programs include:
- Day Care Homes
- Adult Day Care Centers
- Child Care Centers
- At-Risk Child Care Centers
- Head Start Centers
- Emergency Shelters
- Sites that provide meals Outside School Hours
Lean more at SquareMeals.org
All datasets contain program participation data at the site level for the the following data:
- Sponsor/Contracting Entity (CE) name, TDA Sponsor/CE ID, ESC region, TDA region, Texas county
- Site name, TDA site ID, Site county
- Type of agency
- Educational institution, For Profit Organization, Government Agency, Indian Tribe, Military Installation, Private Non-Profit Organization, Other
- Type of organization (CACFP Centers only)
- Independent Center, Sponsor of Affiliated & Unaffiliated Sites, Sponsor of Affiliated Sites, Sponsor of Unaffiliated Sites
In addition, Contact and Program Participation and Meal Reimbursement datasets contain more detailed information on each of TDA's Child and Adult Care Food Programs.Contracting Entities (CE) may sponsor sites participating in different programs. Claims information is provided for each site by program.
A detailed list of TDA Food and Nutrition datasets and data fields available on the Texas Open Data Portal can be downloaded as a PDF here.
CACFP Day Care Homes Data
- Contacts (site level) - Sponsor/Contracting Entity (CE) addresses and contact information, site addresses and contact information, enrollment and capacity, meal preparation method, licensing information
- Claims for Meal Reimbursement (site level by claim month)
CACFP Adult Day Care & Child Care Data (including Child Care Centers, At-Risk Child Care, Head Start, Emergency Shelters, Outside School Hours sites)
- Contacts (site level) - Sponsor/Contracting Entity (CE) addresses and contact information, CE tax status, site addresses and contact information, site affiliation with sponsor, CACFP sub-program participation, licensing information, enrollment and participant age range, meal procurement, preparation, and service methods, food service contract and vendor name
- Claims for Meal Reimbursement (site level by claim month) - claim date, enrollments by pricing eligibility, meal service days and total meals served by meal type and pricing category, average daily participation by meal type, reimbursement amounts by meal type.
Contacts and Program Participation
Claims for Meal Reimbursements - Centers
Claims for Meal Reimbursements - Day Care
Access these contact datasets by clicking on the program year below.
CACFP Centers include Adult Day Care & Child Care
CACFP Day Care Homes
Access these claims datasets by clicking on the program year below.
CACFP Adult Day Care Center Claims Information
CACFP Child Care Center Claims Information
CACFP At-Risk Child Care Claims Information
CACFP Head Start Claims Information
CACFP Emergency Shelter Claims Information
CACFP Outside School Hours Claims Information